Ok if I don’t do this as bullet points it will not get written.
- I have been busy doing up my house in preparation to selling hence not so much time for blogging
- DIY especially involving heights (I have been doing my upstairs windows) is not my thing, but I have had to do it
- I can never believe that I will finish such projects or do them well enough
- I am scared of falling off ladders and dying
- After each day of working on the house I drank alcohol with complete abandon- partly to celebrate still being alive, partly as a reward for actually getting the day’s jobs done and done well and partly as a second reward for working hard
- I enjoyed my regular drinking after a day of hard graft
- Moderation went out the window
- I never got really smashed as I knew I was going up ladders the next day
Has my project failed? No. I have simply had a few unusual weeks. Would I want to sustain this pattern of drinking? Definitely not- I miss my 3 non alcohol days a week.
Next week I go to see a friend for a few days and we will enjoy some wine fuelled nights which I’m looking forward to.
After that I will go on holiday with my girlfriend and enjoy a week of walking, beer and wine.
By the middle of September I get back into work and some old routines. Cutting down on alcohol will be top of my list.
Failure? No. Just life.